Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 39

Today we spent the day wandering and going to random places we thought sounded fun. We went to Borough Market in the morning. I got a jacket potato which is a potato with melted cheese, pickles, and onions. We went around and tried all the samples at the different booths. I tried different breads, cheeses, apple pie ice cream, sea salt and caramel ice cream, pistachio turkish delight, and a few other things.

Afterwards we went to the Victoria and Albert Museum. There were sculptures, paintings, stained glass, dresses, ironwork, etc. My favorite part were the dresses. There were gowns from every decade since the beginning of the 1800's. They were beautiful. The ugliest ones were the 1990's to 2012! I also loved looking at all of the things made in iron. There were gates and lanterns and bird cages. It was amazing.

Next we went to Harrods which is basically the most expensive clothing store in London. I saw a scarf for 729 pounds, a swimsuit coverup for 1600, and a coat for a few thousand. It was really fun to look at all the designer clothes, although I don't know how anyone buys any of them! I wanted to get something there just for fun, so I got some chocolate. It was ridiculously expensive! It was really fun to go through and guess how much things cost and then check. I loved looking at the jewelry as well. It was kind of nice to go to a store where even if I wanted to I couldn't buy anything there!


No comments:

Post a Comment